- MONDAY NIGHT RUN: A fun 5-10km easy run which circles back to the pub for post workout beers and munchies.
West end: Riverhead’s (631 Fortune Cres.)Lagers & Joggers @ 5:30pmDowntown: The Kingston Brewing Company’s (34 Clarence Street) Running Dragons @6pm
- TUESDAY NIGHT WORKOUT: Session is coached by store owner Al Cantlay. During the summer months interval workouts happen on the track! Meet at Kingston Memorial Centre (303 York St.) Warm-up begins @5:30pm followed by a 45min workout!
- THURSDAY LADIES RUN: Every Thursday night, rain or shine, the ladies leave the store @ 6 pm for a 5-8 km social run.
- SATURDAY TEMPO RUN: Join us Saturday morning for a tempo (speed) workout. In an effort to try and beat the heat we will be meeting at RMC arch at 8am until August 24th. Regular workouts resume August 31st leaving from the store at 9:15am.
- SUNDAY LONG RUN: Get some easy long miles in on Sunday morning. The group leaves the store at 8:30am for an hour run and meets for coffee post-run.
Join the team of YGK Runners and run towards our goal of completing 1000KM as a city on June 5, 2019.
Runners’ Choice will be having all day festivities including group runs, goodies and giveaways. Stop by the shop and don’t forget to join the YGK RUNNERS team and make your pledge at https://globalrunningday.org
Finish off Global Running Day with a 4km Run/Walk (or longer if you’d like). Meet in Springer Market Square (corner of Brock St. & King St.) at 6:30pm!
Add @runnerschoicekingston on Facebook and Instagram and follow along as we make more annoucments leading up to June 5th!
RUN TO YOUR OWN RHYTHYM TRAINING PROGRAM
The Beat Beethoven specialists have teamed up with coach Al Cantlay of Runners’ Choice to develop a program customized to assist aspiring runners and walkers achieve the goal of beating Beethoven in 50 minutes or less.
Beginning Wednesday April 3rd 2019 all participants will meet for an 8 Week training program. The program will be split into two groups: 4km finishers and 8km finishers.
We ask all participants are currently able to complete a 5km walk in under 60 minutes or less and are committed to exercising 3 times a week. Although not a requirement, in addition to Wednesday night, participants are encouraged to attend any of the other Runners’ Choice workouts
The 8 Week training program will be customized for each individual runner based on their ability level before the program begins. Each week incremental goals will be sent out to participants via email.
Training program includes:
Monday – 5km-8km Social run leaving from Kingston Brewing Co. at 6pm
Tuesday – hill or speed workout at 5:45pm (locations may vary between Fort Henry, RMC and Memorial Centre)
*The below workouts start and end at Runners’ Choice. Changing facilities are available where participants are able to leave their personal items at the store.
Wednesday- Run to Your Rhythm training group. Group meets for a workout beginning at 6pm. Coaches will be available post session to field questions from participants and provide feedback.
Thursday – 45min-60min social group leaving from Runners’ Choice at 6pm.
Saturday- tempo* workout leaving from Runners’ Choice. Tempo workouts are about 20-30minutes in length (excluding warmup and cooldown) It should feel as if you are running/walking fast but in control.
Sunday – easy long run leaving from Runners’ Choice at 8:30am (distances and time subject to runners preference)
If you have any questions regarding the training program do not hesitate to contact Runners’ Choice; firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-542-2410.
YAKTRAX IN STOCK!
While we work on getting our website up to date please visit our Facebook or Instagram pages (@runnerschoicekingston) for the latest information and a much quicker response time. As always if you have any questions regarding products please email (email@example.com) or call the store (613-542-2410) and we will be happy to answer any inquiries you may have!
We thank you for your patience and understanding!